The Inaugural Golf Outing was an immense success and we were overwhelmed with gratitude for the support we received. The funds we raised were above and beyond our expectations. Together with the funds raised through other initiatives and support from the community, we have been able to contribute to so much in 2023.
We wanted to put together a team to align on how we allocated the money raised and decided to form a Grant Committee. Huge thanks to Alexis Barklage, Hayden Grosso, Jim McCusker, Christina Tancredi, and Keith Pensabene for helping review applications and also helping to define our partnership with CHOP Cardiac Center, for whom we will focus our fundraising efforts moving forward. (Learn more about our mission and our partnership with CHOP Cardiac Center on the home page of our website).
In 2023, Blake Gives Back made the following contributions:
- Fully-funded the Triest Hall Elevator – project completion date expected in February 2024
- Financially supported two local families facing medical crises with small emergency grants
- Provided 500 back-to-school backpacks for the children in the community of St. Marks Church of Frankford in Philadelphia and additional support for impactful programs and initiatives surrounding the Christmas holiday as well as providing clothing and comfort for individuals experiencing homelessness
- Enabled CHOP Youth Heart Watch to supply 8 (eight) AEDs for local Heart Safe Schools and youth sports groups that are typically under-resourced and funded two (2) community-based screenings to be conducted in 2024
- Granted $22,000 to CHOP’s Hope for Families Fund, to help provide vital assistance in the form of meal vouchers, parking passes, public transportation and travel expenses, and additional family-related support (e.g., short-term hotel stays) to help offset the cost of personal and medical expenses so cardiac families in need can focus on the care of their sick child
- Granted $5,000 for CHOP’s Heart Camp which enables 4 campers to attend the week-long overnight summer camp for CHOP patients aged 7 to 18 who have received heart of lung transplants or have pulmonary hypertension
- Enabled Simon’s Heart to provide the following:
- Health Equity Heart Screenings in Norristown, PA
- Placement, training, and education of 10 (ten) Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) to organizations serving underserved populations including George Washington Carver Community Center (Norristown, PA), Powerballers Baseball Program (Bethlehem, PA), Philly Girls Baseball (Philadelphia, PA), Philly Youth Basketball (Philadelphia, PA), and CE Tumbling and Cheer (Boyertown, PA)
- Four Health Equity Focused CPR Jukebox community-based events serving over 1,000 people teaching hands-only CPR and the Chain of Survival in Norristown, Philadelphia, and Germantown.
We look toward the future with a profound sense of purpose and commitment to our mission at Blake Gives Back. We are grateful for your continued support and honored to have you stand by our sides.